Sunday, February 1, 2009

Day 1

 

Today was the first day of the February Fit challenge. I’m really looking forward to doing well this month.

For those people who don’t know, this challenge  is developed to help us geeks who are overweight to lose a few pounds. There are some really cool prizes available. Obviously, not all geeks need to lose weight. I used to think we geeks came in two sizes: Super-sized and pencil-thin. Fortunately, as more coders came into the scene, there has been more of a variety.

So, today I started a diet. It’s not any famous diet or anything (Atkins / Zone / Jenny Craig / Kirstie Alley), but it should help me lose a few pounds. It’s mainly increasing my meals, cutting out some (but not all) fat and switching to a higher-carbohydrate percentage. This might go contrary to most people’s idea of a diet, but there is a method to my madness. And it’s worked before for me quite well.

This afternoon, I went to the gym and ran four miles, successfully. And weighed myself in. That didn’t go as well as planned. I actually thought I was a little bit lighter.

PIC-0001

229 pounds. I guess that means I’m the fat guy at the gym who can actually run. :)

 

More to follow later – I’m likely going to take a “before picture”. And have something to compare it to at the end of the month. I’ll comment on my diet and my rationale later.

No comments:

Post a Comment